Friday, February 10, 2006

In defense of Amr Khaled and other thoughts.

When I read the comments. I was shocked by some of the comments because I seriously didn't see the message the way some people saw it. If you're thinking well, it's a culture thing, I lived in the US for 5 years. I am seriously influenced by the Western way of thinking. Most Arabs reject my way of thinking. So please don't attack me when I'm only trying to create an understanding between Westerners and Middle Easterners. My posts are not only for non-Muslims it's for Muslims who are lost trying to find "true" Islam... I was one of those people and wished I had somebody to turn to. I believe that is something peaceful. "Only" when I attack or become aggressive, you're welcome to attack me back.

For those who didn't read the speech carefully, please read it again. If you didn't read the whole speech, I'd understand why you'd misunderstand it. So read it all, carefully. I know it's a long read but wouldn't you like to understand what truly the deal is?

When Mr. Khaled was talking about The Prophet (PBUH) he was only explaining to the West why He is important to Muslims and asks Non-Muslims to "respect" what we feel about our Prophet. No one is forced to believe in what Muslims do. The Prophet himself didn't force it upon people, as it said in the speech. So why should we now? The point of the speech is to let the West know that the Muslims who are causing the chaos aren't following the way, that Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) and it's not acceptable. Amr Khaled like me, is trying to create a better understanding between Westerners and Middle Easterners.

The problem is that, the West misunderstand Islam and Muslims don't help in fixing that because they themselves don't know what Islam stands for anymore. I, as a Muslim, who lived in an Western atmosphere majority of my life, can understand both point of views hence I believe I see the bigger picture of both regions.

It is not expected at all to Non-Muslims to believe what we believe in. If you don't want to believe in Islam all together, go right ahead. You "do" have that choice... Just don't disturb peace.

I say this to Muslims as well; The Prophet respected other faiths and never attacked anybody unlike those outrageous people who believe that they are following Islam accordingly. Again, don't disturb peace.

I say the same thing about any other religion... I've been to different countries. I had friends who were atheists, Agnostics, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists and so on. We have seriously different point of views about things but rather concentrating on things we do disagree on we concentrated on things we actually do agree with. That's how it's suppose to be.

Amr Khaled states only "his" believe and all Muslims beliefs that the Prophet is the best role model. It's matter of positive honest belief. He's not forcing anybody.. Please, he specifically stated "I believe" meaning it's "his" belief. So why would anybody be insulted by that? If a Christian would say Jesus is the best role model. We Muslims wouldn't be offended. If Jews say Moses, we wouldn't be offended. We believe in Jesus and Moses and other prophets mentioned in the Bible and Torah but then again that's a different topic.

Here's a random thought that just came to me:

To all the people that I really don't appreciate, I still love you for you are God's creation. I only hope that you can find it in your hearts to find love and peace. I say that to all Muslims and Non-Muslims; I fear for all who do wrong for what goes around comes around.

Thank you guys for commenting even if it seemed like I'm being attacked. I thank you because you just opened my heart to love, even to the ones I seriously cannot appreciate even if I tried.

God bless you all... May He, The Lord, forgives us "ALL" on this planet that we humans are destroying.

No comments: