Saturday, June 25, 2005

Damascus

Finally, I'm here in my home Damascus. It has been less than a week and I already have a sunburned nose. Hehehe... I LOVE this place. It's the most spiritual place I've ever known.

So the hard part was being at my grandfather's house with my grandfather being there, at least that is what I thought at first. My uncle and me, stayed there cleaning the place up for the first few days. All I did was the dishes because my uncle has a thing for fixing the whole place by himself without any help. So I just did my share and hanged out with other relatives and friends.

My grandmother is finally back to Damascus as well. I thank God that it's not as hard as I thought. I didn't feel the major emptiness at the place since my grandfather isn't around. It got a little awkward though when my cousins came and we all sat and started talking about how he died and where was he sitting when he died. At the same time, I got some peace from it because ever since he died, I never really talked about it. So it was my first time since last year.

Well, the meet up is in 4 days and I'm seriously excited. I already met some of the bloggers and they are all wonderful. Can't wait till I meet the rest of the crew.

Well, I guess this is it, for me... I'll probably have some weird thoughts and I'll add them...

No comments: