Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hope

"Never deprive hope from someone, it might be all they've got"
- Unknown

Not all people might know that hope is the most powerful tool in surviving happily in this twisted world. Even though you know that there is a possibility that something might not work out the hope of it actually working out keeps you determined to give it your best shot. Sometimes it might be hope that gets you where you want. Hopefully having faith is the most comforting thing in the world. At least to me it is.

For a while now I've been going through the typical "relationship on the rocks" situation. My philosophy is to expect the worst/hope for the best. I see a balance between being optimistic and pessimistic. It's like thinking it can go either way and for both, I'm prepared. I was trying to kept me happy. I even had my own healthy defense mechanism techniques that didn't involve building a wall.

The truth is when the person you care about is taking all the hope in the friendship away from you. If that is taken away from me, I got nothing to work with in this relationship because it's all I've got. The annoying part is that, even though my instinct says it would work if we work together but without the other side's help, it's not going to happen. So I guess, I'm going to have to let go 100% and in order to get over this heartache, I'll have to shut the other side off till I'm healed, not that I think it'll be difficult because of MANY reasons.

No comments: