Thursday, March 02, 2006

Answering Karin's Question.

A while back Karin asked me a very important question in which I believe is seriously important to be brought up. This is what Karin had to ask..

Sara, may I ask you a question? Isn't it written somewhere in the Qur'an that it is the duty of a believer to fight the "infidels", meaning, I suppose, the non-Muslims? How does what you wrote in your last post, go along with that? I am quoting ..."Islam calls for equality between all humans, doesn't matter what your race is, what your faith is, what your age and even sex." One possibility .. I understood that all wrong from the beginning on - but that's why I'm asking YOU! Can you help?

The answer to this is quite simple. Yes, in the Qur'an it does mention that believers should fight non believers but there's a story behind it.

I first would need to exaplain how the Qur'an has come up... It was revealed by the Archangel Gabriel to the Prophet (PBUH) in Mekka over a period of 23 years refelcting the human need for gradual, progressive and Guidance.

It revealed stories of what happened then and history before. It has scientific information, it has laws and tools how to worship God and there is so much more information...

Now the verses about believers fighting non believers, it's quite simple. It was instructions to the Muslims back in the day of the Prophet. Why? The reason behind that is; back then when Islam had a proper Muslim leader and a proper muslim state and so on, the non believers were oppressing and killing believers and stealing from them and so on. It was instructions to defend themselves from the non-believers. It does mention in the Qur'an that Muslims must only fight the ones who fight the Muslims. Muslims are not allowed to start a war or kill anybody from the Non-Believers who are not harming Muslims in any way.

These verses are only applicable back then and it's not for now. Why is that, you might ask? The answer is simple... There isn't a proper unified Muslim state and there isn't a leader that is agreed upon ALL Muslims. These are some of the rules of actually calling out a war for selfdefence.

The problem in this day and age, not only do Non Muslims get half of the info regarding war in Islam so do the Muslims themselves, unfortunatly. It's quite sickening actually. 3/4 of the so called Holy Wars in Islam are actually prohibited due to not fulfilling the conditions of war in Islam and they only know half of the story. So they'll think that they should kill all nonbelievers in which I think it's all bull. There something like 5 or more conditions but I can't remember all of them... Once I look it up and have it, I'll have another post about Jihad. I already started writing it, just needed to get the conditions and then it's all set to go...

So Karin, I hope that answered your question. If not, let me know and I'll dig in deeper for ya. :)


Peace!

No comments: