Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Transiting in Abu Dhabi

It was time to go, leave the house where I lived in for the past year. It doesn't matter much though. I never really felt like I'm at home because I live with husband's sister in Law who's also a cousin of his. She has 3 adorable kids even though they can be a handful. They're 2 girls and 1 boy. I grew very attached to the oldest, Tabina. We have a lot in common and we have lots of fun playing, singing talking etc...

When it was time to head to the airport Tabina just broke my heart, she was vigorously crying. It broke my heart to the degree I cried. This whole thing is very saddening because she has to deal with a loved one leaving every few months since her father doesn't live with them but in the US. That's a whole other topic. I'll probably mention it later in my posts. Let's just say that American Immigration is just too rough.

One the way to the airport, my husband and I picked up one of my closest friends that I got to meet while working with MuslimFest. Shakera is one those people you've love to be around all the time. She's very passionate, loving person who is very down to earth and who is definitely reliable. She'll do anything for you and to top it, she does it with a gorgeous huge smile.

At Peason Airport in Toronto, she surprised me with something I seriously wasn't expecting at all. She actually got me a VERY rare white abaya that she told me about months before. The irony is that I was looking for a white one and dropped it on my lap. I was touched by her gift. The great part is that the abaya fits perfectly. I just have a hard time finding something that fits me properly.

Now that I'm in Abu Dhabi after a 12 hour flight, I have to wait another 10 hours for my next flight to Damascus. I got me a hotel room at the hotel and I'll be sleeping like a baby till then even though it cost me an arm and a leg. My parents offered to pay and I'm not going to deny that offer especially when it's seriously needed. The problem was that since I am no longer a Emarati resident, I can't go out without a visa in advance and my parents can't come in to the transit section of the airport. So I guess, a few more weeks isn't that bad compared to the 2 years that already passed without seeing them. Thank God for free phone though.

I'm heading now to the hotel room, to simply rest, have dinner then sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Gosh, I'm dizzy. I can't remember when is the last time I got this tired. The funny thing is, I actually like the feeling. :)

No comments: