Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Need to Vent

I don't even know where to start and I don't know what to say. I just need to vent.

Few days ago my aunt's (Mom's sister) husband had excruciating chest pains. He was rushed to the hospital and as it turns out to be his blood vessels were tearing apart and his blood pressure was decreasing. There wasn't much doctors can do. This afternoon we got the phone call that he had passed away.

My mom rushed down to be with my aunt's side and I wish with all my power to be there for my aunt and my cousins. Since I have Bronchitis, my mom is terrified if I get out of the house, it'll get worse and God forbid, it may be fatal.

So here I am home alone with irritating chest pains as the Qur'an is being recited on TV. I can't even explain how I feel with the physical pain and the emotional pain of not being able to be there for my aunt and my cousins. I need somebody to be near me as well but I feel seriously selfish to ask for that because my aunt needs the family more than I do. Her husband just died. I'm well alive. I don't know what to do or what to feel. I just pray that God gives all of us strength to face our pain whether physical or emotional.

No comments: