Monday, April 11, 2005

Changes

Some people who actually do come to see my blog, if any, might wonder why all of my post with pics in me are gone. Well, it's simple really. It's because finally I took the bold step and actually started wearing the Hijab. It's great feeling. I love it. To most people if might seem it's an oppression. Too bad... To me it's liberty from mistakes and heartaches that I brought and kept bringing to myself. It brings me closer to my creator and I no longer feel that I'm a walking contradiction to a certain point. At least now I look exactly how my inside is, pure and modest with things and thoughts. Thank you everybody and Good night. :P

9 comments:

Ayman Haykal said...

mabrook :)

Sara said...

Thanks Ayman... You're the only one who's nice enough to say something about it. :P

Salam...

Baher said...

Congratulations :), I'm really happy for you, especially since you made that move yourself and not under pressure.

Baher said...

Congratulations :), I'm really happy for you, especially since you made that move yourself and not under pressure.

Sara said...

Thanks Wallahi... To be honest with you.. It was the opposite, the pressure was not to put it on. I believe that no matter what one is responsible for their won actions. Nobody can make me do anything unless I'm seriously harming others. I'm almost 27, I think I'm old enough to make my own decision. I'm glad that all is all right now and I feel safer and better compared to the life I had before. Believe me, I had a real eventful one.

Baher said...

I know what you mean; I’m somewhat in the same boat as you, trying to change my course in life and resisting pressure from everyone against that, I hope I don’t crack under pressure.

Sara said...

Hey Diablo... All I can advise you is make sure you hang out with the right sort of people. Friends have a huge influence on us. With good friends you'd be able to reach where you want to a lot easier. :)

Baher said...

in fact the pressure is more from family than friends, but you're right about the huge influence of friends, I suffered the consequences of it several times.

Sara said...

You know my influence is family most too but then I have society that's bugging me too. You know what you know, as long as I have the proper friends then I'm good because these people will be my brothers and sisters in Islam and these people are the only ones who are going to help me out in the day of judgement. We all help each other in life and thereafter... How beautiful is that? :)